FrankForum (Frankness IS Forum)

No ads, no mods, Frankly Anonymous (you can join w/fake name/email, are not tracked)!
It is currently 15 Nov 2018, 08:59

All times are UTC

Forum rules

GUESTS AND MEMBERS can post here.
Extra Smileys: http://forums.mydigitallife.info/misc.p ... _Editor_QR

Not moderated, so you are on your own. Spambots, stalkers and anti-semites will be banned without notice. Else, POLICE YOURSELF.

PostPosted: 01 May 2016, 13:17 
Site Admin

I didn't know where else to put this, so plopping it in Contradictions, since all the hoary heads keep on lying about 'Good Friday' when it was really Good WEDNESDAY: can't be anything else, as the Lord rose of the 1st day of the week (Saturday after sundown, which is FIRSTFRUITS under the Law, Numbers 28:26, piggybacked on the LAST DAY of Passover week). And, by that point He had been THREE DAYS AND THREE NIGHTS in the grave (both days and nights), Matt 12:40-41.

Therefore official Passover ran four days too fast, they were using lunisolar and didn't intercalate. Thus the Lord could EAT the (officially-dated) Passover the PRIOR SATURDAY NIGHT yet BE the Passover (dying on the correct date per Exodus 12, four days after being set aside/arrested, see the witty use of paraskeue verses). So could rise the following SATURDAY NIGHT after (official) Passover Week ended. Hence 'Christ Our Firstfruits' and 'Christ Our Passover' (both should be quotes from Paul).

So it's Good WEDNESDAY, 30 AD April 4 then (14th day after vernal equinox, local Jeru time that year). I can easily understand how ancient 'catholics' messed it up, cuz they didn't know what was a 'high sabbath' (see John 19), since they never bothered to learn the OT (their ideas about what Jewish law was, are ridiculous). But it's now 2016, and this ancient mistake should have been corrected.

But the Jews don't calculate Passover or their calendar rightly, either. Oh well. No one bothers to READ THE BIBLE (duh, Israel's BIRTHDAY was initial Passover, so it's only a solar year beginning on the vernal equinox, Exo12). Oh well.

So: 1986 years have passed since He died. And He died just BEFORE sundown, and at sundown it's a new day per Bible, so becomes Thursday at sundown on Wednesday. First night.

So for our purposes, we divide 1986/7 and get 283.7142857142857 . Taking the remainder, we get .7142857142857 times 7, 5 days.

April 3, 2016 a SUNDAY (which was erroneously called EASTER, lol) was the 14th day after the vernal equinox, here in the US. We are about 8 hours behind Israel; for her, the VE occurred after sundown in 2016. So for her, April 3 would be April 4 (after sundown), a.. 'Monday'.

So look: 5 days from Wednesday becoming Thursday, original Crucifixion of 'our' April 3 in 2016 is.. MONDAY.

So Thank God, there are no missing years between the Crucifixion and now. I've been wondering how to test that, since 2010!

This same question drove the early Romans nuts. Our BC/AD problem is sourced in the bad Varro calendar all the Romans used (and today's ancient Roman historians still use).. which erroneously puts SPQR's 'age' at 753 BC when Christ was born. No, it was the end of 750 or 749, depending on what fiscal is used (Roman, autumnal or vernal). He was born at the end of the Roman year, which Paul jokes about using Greek Chronos, in Gal 4:4. Roman name for that god-who-ate-his-kids-when-born, was Saturn. As in, Saturnalia.

ELUL (not Adar, took me forever to figure this out).. was the month for intercalation, add 5 or 6 days (end of CIVIL year, not sacred). Do that, and you have exactly the space you need to reach the autumnal equinox, on time. All other days are 30, to fit the 24-hour schedule David designed for the priestly courses, in 1Chron24.

Your thoughts?

Report this post

PostPosted: 02 May 2016, 02:04 

Quote:
ELUL (not Adar, took me forever to figure this out).. was the month for intercalation, add 5 or 6 days (end of CIVIL year, not sacred). Do that, and you have exactly the space you need to reach the autumnal equinox, on time. All other days are 30, to fit the 24-hour schedule David designed for the priestly courses, in 1Chron24.

I'm not completely convinced that these two statements are accurate, though I don't know of a way to test them one way or another.

God told Israel that 1 Aviv (vernal equinox) was day 1 of the solar year, so I would expect Adar to be the long month. Your argument seems to hinge on the fact that God flipped the calendar for Noah at the Flood. I do not disagree with that....however, how do we know that the calendar didn't experience a previous flip at the Fall of Adam??? As far as I know, Rosh Hashanah is not Biblical terminology.

Secondly, on the priestly shifts, each of the 24 priests served a total of 14 days. The shifts seemed to have changed every 7 days, on the Sabbath. So 24x14=336. That falls 29 days short of a solar year. So maybe the priestly shifts rotated continuously, regardless of the calendar.

Quote:
2Chron 23: 8So the Levites and all Judah did according to all that Jehoiada the priest commanded. And each one of them took his men who were to come in on the sabbath, with those who were to go out on the sabbath, for Jehoiada the priest did not dismiss any of the divisions.

HEB 4:12
The word of God is alive and powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of the soul and the spirit, of the joints and marrow, and is a critic of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Report this post

PostPosted: 02 May 2016, 04:07 
Site Admin

7.5 days times 2. And Elul works because it's the end of the CIVIL year, which pertained prior to Israel at the exodus. That's why Exo 12 reads that Aviv will be the first month. Autumnal equinox HAD BEEN the fiscal. So its last month is Elul, not Adar, which is instead the last month of the sacred year. See Luke 1:26 and 1:36, where you find that the civil calendar was used (yeah, Mary was royal), so the sixth month was Adar. Nine months later.. is Chislev. Ding ding ding.

See the link to the video in my last post, first video there, https://vimeo.com/channels/patu shows how the Elul being the last month aligns the time so that autumnal equinox still begins rightly for Ethanim/Tishri

Report this post

PostPosted: 02 May 2016, 04:38 

Ok. I get the Priestly cycles now.

But I don't see how Luke 1:26-36 establishes Trumpets on the Autumnal Equinox. I get that Mary was pregnant from Elul to Chislev. That part we can both agree on, but I think it can still go either way until a smoking gun is found.

The word of God is alive and powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of the soul and the spirit, of the joints and marrow, and is a critic of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Report this post

PostPosted: 02 May 2016, 05:07 
Site Admin

NO, ELIZABETH was pregnant on Elul. Remember the 1Chron24 service of Zecharias was in Ziv, 1Chron24:10. Actually, it's that info which tipped me off to the whole http://www.brainout.net/PassPlot.htm structure. Back in 2003 or prior, a fellow Thiemite, I forget his name now, he and Genez and I were all arguing to defend Thieme against a nutter in Rick Ross forum (which is anti-Thieme); the fellow Thiemite and I later traded a lot of info. HE is the one who brought up the course of Abijah, which Zecharias belonged to (see also 1Kings 6, for it's a Zivk/Bul service).

The rest, as they say, is history. I've never been the same since.

The smoking gun, is Elul. Six months after it is Adar, probably Purim, so the play on '6th month' is important. In Luke 1:26 two def articles (so the calendar official) but in 1:36, no articles (so relative to when Gabriel talks to Mary). So it can ONLY be Adar (verse 26, official month, royal/civil calendar).

Report this post

PostPosted: 02 May 2016, 05:40 

Ok. I see what you mean about the def articles, the month the sixth, however, Trumpets is called the first day of the Seventh month in OT. So in the case of Israel, Adar was the last month, not Elul.

In the case that you are making, Elul is the last month, not Adar. I understand, and I agree. What I'm saying is that we should not rule out the possibility that the calendar may have been flipped more than once;

From Eden to Fall--Vernal

From Fall to Flood--Autumnal

From Flood to Ransom (Israel's birth)--Vernal

First will be last and/then last will be first.

Report this post

PostPosted: 02 May 2016, 17:57 
Site Admin

Well, you have to look at all the dating and the periods used, in the OT. Autumnal equinox STARTS the civil year, 1Kings 9. Temple dedication is tied to it. Sacred year exists for Israel too, Exo 12. So now think: Mary is royal, Elizabeth is Levite, so in order for it to be ELIZABETH's six month, Gabriel has to be talking to Mary in Adar. For we know Christ has to be born on Chanukah, Haggai 2. The math doesn't work another way. So John is born on Pentecost, which absent intercalation for two or three years, means Chanukah is the 'opposite' on the calendar.

Of course, Chanukah week was at the end of the Roman year, which Paul plays on using Chronos=Saturn, in Greek of Gal 4:4. Then you have the LIGHTS in Luke, the CROWDS in Matthew, etc. Because it would be so well known to the initial audience, they wouldn't need to have anyone say 'Chanukah'.

So you have the Tale of Two Fiscals: Autumnal equinox 'fiscal' ends in Elul. Vernal equinox 'fiscal' ends in Adar. Only if you use the Autumnal fiscal, does Elul become the last month, add the 5-6 days, and then EXACTLY ON TIME the next equinox arrives. Else, it doesn't. Again, the math doesn't work another way.

Report this post

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2016, 14:09 

brainout wrote:
But it's now 2016, and this ancient mistake should have been corrected.

I keep muttering "but now it's 2016" to myself all of the time.

Seems like many wear rose coloured glasses and think everything is "evolving" and "advancing" / when exactly the opposite is happening and misinformation persists even when the errors are clarified.

Report this post

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2016, 18:21 
Site Admin

Is it because they are afraid to admit a centuries-long mistake? For the Protties have gotten the date wrong too, but at least they know it really WAS Passover. And have been arguing against the RCC for centuries.

JEROME knew it was Passover. Argued with Augustine about it, see their letters at newadvent.com . So I don't get the intransigence.

Report this post