FrankForum (Frankness IS Forum)

No ads, no mods, Frankly Anonymous (you can join w/fake name/email, are not tracked)!
It is currently 16 Dec 2018, 16:17

All times are UTC

Forum rules

GUESTS AND MEMBERS CAN VOTE AND POST HERE. Not moderated, so you are on your own. Spambots and stalkers and anti-semites will be deleted and banned without notice. Else, try to be thoughtful, protect your own privacy, don't swear much (makes one appear infantile), but I won't censor. POLICE YOURSELF.

Do you plan to watch GOP convention?
Yes, attending
Yes, watching
Not attending or watching
Might watch a little
You may select 1 option

View results
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2016, 15:35 
Site Admin

GOP convention starts on July18 ends maybe July 22. Do you plan to watch?
If you're a member, you can change your vote. Maybe you can do it if not a member too, I don't know. If you become a member DO NOT USE ANY REAL NAME OR REAL EMAIL. Fake it all, there's no verification step, no mods, no ads, no tracking.

I checked it for cookies, and none are stored in the forum. Godaddy has no info on the content of the forum, either. We don't send out notification emails, either. So there's no way to know who you are, and I don't want to know. CONTENT not id, matters.

Report this post

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2016, 03:29 
Site Admin

CSPAN will be airing the convention live beginning Monday (tomorrow), at 7am ET. CNN will air it too, but with commercials of course.

Report this post

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2016, 22:28 

I've been told to watch the RNC for its entertainment value. I might crack open a beer or two and watch a few hours. I'm praying that maybe Kasich can somehow steal the nomination. I left the GOP in 08, but I would definitely vote for Kasich. He has already stood up to the Cleveland Police Union.

HEB 4:12
The word of God is alive and powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of the soul and the spirit, of the joints and marrow, and is a critic of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Report this post

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2016, 00:01 
Site Admin

D'accord. But since the Rules changes were voted down such that RNC elites alone determine the rules now, not likely Kasich will get nom. And even if he did, I'm not sure he'd want it. PS I always wanted a Jeb/Kasich ticket.

Report this post

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2016, 00:56 

Yeah, I have to say, that my respect for Jeb waxed significantly when he stated that he would not vote Democrat or Republican. That told me that he doesn't bare the gang mentality that most hardcore Democrats and Republicans sport for their teams.

I hope Jeb will use his reputation to direct more attention to Johnson. I think that is worth praying about.

The word of God is alive and powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of the soul and the spirit, of the joints and marrow, and is a critic of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Report this post

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2016, 01:03 
Site Admin

Yeppers! I tweeted him that write-in only helped HRC or DT.

Report this post

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2016, 01:34 

I'm watching the RNC now. Do the speakers usually fawn their favored candidate like this. I mean its like these people worship Trump. Its pretty disgusting. Has the GOP always been like this? I don't remember G.W. Bush's convention being this way.

I can see where the "Lord, Lord" meter is kicking in.

Report this post

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2016, 01:38 
Site Admin

No, not normally fawning like THIS, but pretty bad.

Report this post

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2016, 02:41 

Why watch the convention when you can watch this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufGlBv8Z3NU

Report this post

Post subject: GettysburgII
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2016, 08:49 
Site Admin

LOL well also tonight, the 2nd night of the convention, Trump seriously miscalculated much as Lee did in the Battle of Gettysburg; except here in GettysburgII, the South (represented by Ted Cruz).. wins. So I made an 30-min audio on it, weaving in your metering on Matt24-25, here: http://www.brainout.net/downloads/wma/GettysburgII.MP3 .But if you watched his speech tonight, you're already aware that booing someone who says 'vote your conscience' will kill the 'party' of the booers.

Ooops. Foolish virgins shut out!
:campfire: :wizardball: :chemfail: :conspiracy: :dance: :3friendschair: :horsedoodoo: :partytime: :popcorneat: :sofapopcorn: :sofa: :sofabig: :TVpopcorn: :planeDIY:

Report this post

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2016, 19:49 

I actually found that clip while looking for a clip of Cruz's speech. I'm thinking that Cruz didn't endorse Trump simply because he didn't get the votes himself. Nevertheless, it must have been difficult telling the GOP to vote from heart, so good for Cruz on that. Hopefully Cruz will use his resources to support Johnson.

Report this post

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2016, 04:58 

I heard your audio, then listened to Cruz's full speech. You're right, not only did Cruz reveal the Trumpsters' true colors, but in so doing, he destroyed the Trump campaign. If Hillary is as smart as I know she is, she will use that against Trump in the DNC...I will be watching for it.

Cruz started out his speech talking about the victim's family of the Dallas shooting. The clever theme: What if this is America's last run? That really caught my attention.

If you relate it to the meter, it could mean this is the GOP's last chance, and it is being wasted on Trump. Or it could mean this is America's last shot at freedom...Remember what comes after "Lord, Lord". Next is "open up to us". We know how the parable goes. The door is not opened again.

Report this post

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2016, 03:57 
Site Admin

Yeah, that's what concerns me. I can't tell if DT will win based on the Matt25:11 text. Warning seems the big point, so either way it's bad. But it does explain why God 'spared' Ted and the other GOP candidates, cuz now that only DT remained, they are free to exit the GOP and the certain Divine Discipline attending it. I didn't notice that connection until tweeting to John Kasich, this morning.

Could well mean that Libertarian wins instead, depending on how 'shut out' works. In any event, whoever wins the sick GOP will get shut out of history, so the METHOD God uses to do that, is all that's left to ponder.

Report this post