The movie came out yesterday, and is free through 10/30, http://www.rigged2016.com
. You can buy it also, but have to sign up to watch free; however, you can immediately watch, maybe. Or, they send you an email and you click their watch link there.
I was kinda disappointed they didn't cover the actual rigging of the polls. It's really important. Bill Weld provides the stats (as does johnsonweld.com), and they're shocking, here (starting about 15 mins in, his video link and precis of results): https://twitter.com/brainouty/status/786120259455430656
So let's analyze this.
29% of electorate is Dem.
26% is GOP.
Remainder is Indep (42%), Libertarian, Green, other parties (3%).
50% amongst all the above, are millennials.
Voting rate in presidential elections, % actually voting versus registered, is also 50%.
Gary's share of the vote among EITHER millennials OR independents, is about 30%, nationally.
So if only half the whole population doesn't vote, you cut all those numbers in half, too. Which conversely means that each person actually voting, has twice the voting power.
But if some among them are more enthusiastic about voting, then those who are, count MUCH more than normal.
Johnson voters are very enthusiastic. Presumably also the others who register with 3rd parties.
So: millennials would be 29/2, 26/2, and 45/2. If the registered voting population is 150M, and only half of them actually vote, the millennials are 75/2 as well.
So if 75/2x.30, you have 11.25 million voting for Gary Johnson. Out of a total actually-voting population of 75 million, that's 15%. Else, 22.5M, if they all vote, hence 30%
15% is the Commission on Public Debate's claimed threshold for allowing Gary to debate. BUT if you looked up that tweet, the CPD won't COUNT the millennials AT ALL in the polls they select.
Just as evil, they ALSO presume -- despite knowing better -- that 'independents' are only 17% in the POLL SAMPLES that they accept. Since that percentage of presumed demographics is 1/3 the actual sample of demographics, the independents' actual poll results are REDUCED by 2/3. So if Gary shows up 9% -- as he does, in the polls they DO accept -- it really might be 15%. Which of course they don't want!
(CNN in particular, weeds out millennials and independents, in its polls and focus groups; that rigging has been in the news as of late.)
So now, to independents. .42x75M(total electorate sum likely to vote) is 31.5M. So if 1/3 vote Johnson as polled, that's 10.5M.
So if you sum them (leaving out everyone else, so the overlap between millennial and independent is cancelled out), you're still looking at 22M or more. So double 15%. So the CPD is flat wrong to leave Gary out of the debate.But it's even more important, since there's VERY LITTLE difference between what it takes to WIN all of a state's electoral votes, and that 30%. Why?
Cuz the R&D shares are each UNDER 30%.
Also, over HALF the people IN each party, don't like their nominee. Thus, as the Pew Research study noted, http://www.politico.com/blogs/5-political-numbers-to-watch/2016/08/5-numbers-that-mattered-this-week-227220#ixzz4HsLmh3is
, the actual core vote for GOP is like 16%, and Dem 22% of EACH PARTY, respectively.Let's be charitable and say that only half of each party wants its nominee. So then 29/2 and 26/2, equals 15% and 13% of electorate, respectively. Then /2 again, cuz only half actually vote, so ONLY 8% and 7% vote. Total? ONLY 15%!
So it's not at all farfetched, for a candidate to win on 30% of the popular vote. Further, it's also obvious that Gary's at least as likely to be elected as EITHER the R or D.
Say the actual votes in a state are 30/30/30 (leaving the other 10% for write-ins or small vote shares), and Gary has only ONE VOTE MORE in 'his' 30, then he wins ALL the electoral votes in that state. Wash rinse repeat in 25 states or maybe fewer (depending on how many EVs a state has), and he wins the 270 electoral votes outright.
Now you see why the polls are rigged. They want to make the people vote based on who they TELL the people will 'win', versus voting their conscience or voting based on real numbers.Here you see both parties are evil:
1. They want you to REJECT your conscience (the true bulwark of democracy), and instead vote on popularity (which is manufactured).
2. They want you to think that the numbers THEY give you, show popularity.
I know I sound like a conspiracy person, but I'm not. I don't even think this is a conspiracy so much as a shared lust for power, with those doing the skewing, thinking they are fighting for their survival, which they neatly color as virtuous.
But clearly, it's not.