FrankForum (Frankness IS Forum)

No ads, no mods, Frankly Anonymous (you can join w/fake name/email, are not tracked)!
It is currently 16 Dec 2018, 15:08

All times are UTC

Forum rules

GUESTS AND MEMBERS CAN VOTE AND POST HERE. Not moderated, so you are on your own. Spambots and stalkers and anti-semites will be deleted and banned without notice. Else, try to be thoughtful, protect your own privacy, don't swear much (makes one appear infantile), but I won't censor. POLICE YOURSELF.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2016, 11:40 
Site Admin

Gary Johnson wants 'stay out', essentially, but with different focus vs. Trump. Gary's position, only somewhat changed since 2012, is here: http://politic365.com/2012/10/12/libert ... -al-qaida/

He's talked about it every day since his May 31 nomination as POTUS, and Bill Weld also knows a great deal about the issue. Some would claim Bill has more expertise, but he thinks Gary savvy.

As for Evan McMullin? Word salad. Ignore him. Very disappointing, for a guy who's supposed to be former CIA.

Hillary Clinton wants 'go in', but in a measured way. So she intends.

History and Bible tell us there's no middle here. Russia has always sought to dominate the ME, always will. So that argues in favor of HRC, to defend Israel and lower our cost of preventing WWIII, which per Bible will happen anyway when Russia swoops down.

So go in or stay out, for US policy? I really don't know. I tried to explain it more here, in case you want to brainstorm (30 mins), http://www.brainout.net/RusSyriaOptions.MP3

Report this post

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2016, 15:21 

Its a tough call. We never should have involved ourselves in the first place, but now that we have, I think we should follow through with our decision. However, I want an official declaration of war from congress.

We should not be arming anymore factions either. That will only guarantee more unrest in the ME. I dont know how we can solve this problem without piling on more debt, but the only way for a permanent solution would be to take out Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Iran...but if we tried that, Russia would likely jump in too. So WWIII seem unavoidable, but the problem is we are too weak. Maybe another cold war is necessary.

HEB 4:12
The word of God is alive and powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of the soul and the spirit, of the joints and marrow, and is a critic of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Report this post

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2016, 03:48 

I'm re-thinking what I said after listening to your audio. Russia is not going to let Syria go, and I still think world war is unavoidable. Maybe it would be wiser to withdraw long enough to prepare our economy and military for the larger event. Right now, our nation is too divided and bankrupt to do any real good in the ME. Retreat to fight another day.

HEB 4:12
The word of God is alive and powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of the soul and the spirit, of the joints and marrow, and is a critic of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Report this post

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2016, 11:39 
Site Admin

Those are good points, too. Given what's happening in Yemen seems clear that we're not yet free of the macho-man Vietnam intervention mindset, either. That's no way to fight a war, as I'm sure you've long heard the Col. explain.

Report this post