FrankForum (Frankness IS Forum)

No ads, no mods, Frankly Anonymous (you can join w/fake name/email, are not tracked)!
It is currently 21 Sep 2017, 07:00

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Not moderated, so you are on your own. Spambots and stalkers and anti-semites will be deleted and banned without notice. Else, try to be thoughtful, protect your own privacy, don't swear much (makes one appear infantile), but I won't censor. POLICE YOURSELF.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2017, 08:51 

Here are a couple of lengthy videos that I took particular interest in recently. They both feature Dr. Rhonda Patrick. In the first video hosted by Joe Rogan, Dr. Patrick discusses new research in reversing a whole host of inflammatory diseases that plague our modern society as a direct result of the American low fat diet, coupled with overindulgence in refined sugar and lack of exercise. She also discusses the miracle compound Sulforaphane, which is found in many cruciferous vegetables, and how this natural compound can slow aging, regulate metabolic processes, and much more. Other topics discussed in the first video: stem cell research, fasting, the neurological benefits of exercise, and the importance of following a time restricted diet. Its almost 3 hours long, but I highly recommend watching it. Even if you're not a health nut, there are many dietary tricks that you can utilize to optimize brain function and memory enhancement.

https://youtu.be/uxM_CLsvieE

The second video goes in to much more depth in the biochemistry of Sulforaphane, and details the most efficient ways to integrate it with your diet. Its 45 minutes long, but I found it fascinating.

https://youtu.be/zz4YVJ4aRfg

HEB 4:12
The word of God is alive and powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of the soul and the spirit, of the joints and marrow, and is a critic of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2017, 21:29 

Hahahaha, I like how as I'm reading this, I have a 'mega gulp' slurpee (1.3 litres), Barq's Cream soda with Coca Cola. A large bag of jalapeno & cheddar doritos, and a Oh Henry w/ reese filling.

You should eat a balanced diet and exercise; but there's not going to be a special formula for it. One of my criticisms is whenever anyone brings cancer into the question-- eating doritos versus broccolli won't change your chances of cancer. There are people who smoke, drink and eat lasagne their whole life and never get cancer. Then you have a vegan who exercises and runs every day and boom, they get cancer.

Memory isn't related to your diet--if anything your brain will appreciate the refined sugars, people who attack sugars are nuts in the head. The hippocampus is what controls most of the memory and thought collection, it also controls your sense of 3D space in some regards, which is why if you categorize information on a plane it can become easier to find. Want to know what's ACTUALLY bad instead of fats and sugars?
*palm kernel oils
*hydrogenated oils (like in MOST peanut butter or nutella)
*acrylamides (found with deep frying potatoes specifically)
*Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT)
*Sodium benzoate
*Polyglycerol polyricinoleate (used to replace cocoa butter in American chocolate, in high quantities it causes reversible liver damage)

I haven't done anything extensive on polysorbate 60 (from my research it looks to be harmless), but after eating an entire box of little debbie swiss rolls something in that reacted poorly with my stomach. I'm thinking it was the tartrazine since there were huge amounts of concentration of it in them. Azo dyes like tartrazine are derived by modifiying molecules of coal tar--much like artificial flavours.

The REAL combatant against aging is genetics. Also it could be defined in different ways, most associate it with wrinkles in your epidermis when there's a lot more happening under the hood. You could have someone whose elderly and doesn't have a single wrinkle but loads of other problems and vice versa.

Heck I know guys in their 20's who are already getting grey hair or lost all of their hair when they were 18. Nothing in your diet will ever change that.
Quote:
Matthew 5:36 Neither will you swear by your head, because you cannot not make one hair white or black.

On that note Dr. Rhonda Patrick didn't mention Kohlrabi (probably because she's never heard of it since she presumably doesn't garden), pity. Kohlrabi and Wasabi are some of my favourites. Mmmmm. I could eat raw kohlrabi all day long, I love the crisp texture.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2017, 23:40 

I'm not against all sugars. I know they cant all be classified under the same umbrella, but in my experience, refined sugar really exacerbates a whole host of diseases. Anything from cancers, Cohn's Disease, Psoriasis, Multiple Sclerosis, and of course Diabetes. Fruits contain sugars, but they also contains fibers which slow the absorption of sugars, so the body tends to handle them differently.

Brain function and memory are absolutely effected by diet, and most likely exercise too. Many, if not all foods provide the body with different neurotransmitters and enzymes in different concentrations. For example, choline (a precursor to acetylcholine), acetylcholine (ACh), acetyl cholinesterase (AChE), and acetyl cholinesterase inhibitors (AChEI's) . Eggs are a decent source of acetylcholine, and nightshades vegetables (potatoes, peppers, tomatoes, egg plants, etc) tend to have a higher concentration of acetyl cholinesterase inhibitors. This is significant, because Choline is used in the body to create ACh, which is used by the brain to communicate signals between nerve cells. AChE is what the body uses to break down ACh. In order for the brain (and the rest of your CNS) to function properly, there has to be a proper balance of ACh transmission and ACh breakdown. AChEI's inhibit the function of AChE. If you consume a combination of foods high in ACh and AChEI right before bedtime, then you might notice your dreams being especially vivid. Since potatoes and eggs with (some kind of pepper based) hot sauce is a common breakfast plate in America, it works especially well for boosting brain function and memory recall. It has been noted that patients with Alzheimer's tend to have lower concentrations of ACh as the disease progresses.

Look into the problems people run into while taking SSRI and MAOI antidepressants while following the wrong kind of diet. An adverse reaction called Serotonin Syndrome can arise. Of course, this is a case where pharmaceutical grade substances interact adversely with dietary elements, but the point is, MAO's, MAOI's, and Tryptamine precursors all exist both within our bodies and the foods we eat.

I myself struggle with psoriasis and can tell you from personal experience that what you eat will directly impact how severe the auto-immune response will be within one to two hours of consumption. Too much or too little sugar will trigger a flare up. Any kind of refined sugar will trigger a flare up within 30-45 minutes. The right kinds of fats will lessen the severity of day to day skin cell turnover rates.

Diseases are a part of life. In most cases, it is unlikely that diet regulation alone can cure them, but it can definitely make them more manageable. Yeah, genetics plays a large role, but it is not the final determining factor on how the body functions. There is no final determining factor in our biochemistry. Its a fine balance of genetics, diet, exercise and stress management. Of course, there is the spiritual factor as well, but that is often outside of our control.

For the time being I'm interested in experimenting with Sulforaphane rich foods, but by no means to I believe it is a cure-all compound.

The word of God is alive and powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of the soul and the spirit, of the joints and marrow, and is a critic of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2017, 03:15 

Have you tried putting coconut oil on the psoriasis? It should help in the same way that it does with eczema I would imagine.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2017, 03:35 

When I get severe flare ups, I have used tea tree oil, letting it sit for 5 minutes, then I rinse off and apply coconut oil daily for a week or so. It does make a noticeable difference, but it is very short lived without tight dietary regulation.

What I have found to be most helpful recently is Cats Claw bark. Its a very interesting herb. It acts as an immune system booster, yet some how inhibits the TNF-a inflammatory response found to be present in patients with psoriasis, Crohn's disease, and ulcerative colitis. I try to limit my use of cats claw to severe flare ups that are not manageable with topicals, since there isn't a whole lot of research on the substance. Rx strength TNF-a inhibitors are pricey and come with some very nasty side effects. I don't mess with those.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2017, 10:25 
Site Admin

Interesting. I crave pepper sauce all the time, could drink Louisiana Hot sauce right from the bottle (it's great when added to water as a drink, too).

As for psoriasis, had some on the elbows but then got some Mane N' Tail Hoofmaker lotion (which I didn't order, Amazon sent the wrong thing).. applied it maybe thrice to the elbows and the flakes stay nearly gone. I've not had to use it again in months.

Or maybe something else worked, or God did it.

Definitely certain foods work better than others, and maybe it's due to individual sensitivity. So what works for me might not for you, etc.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2017, 05:13 

This video is REALLY interesting. Its Dr. Patrick talking about some of the different roles that micronutrients play in our metabolism and repair of DNA damage. Its really nothing new in practice, (eat your fruits and vegetables and you will give your body the resources it needs for maintaining better health),....but the biochemical processes are fascinating. It just goes to show that God does provide us with all that we need to fulfill His plan on earth. In this case, its dietary.

Towards the end of the video, Dr. Patrick talks about the possibility that many forms of autism could be a result of low vitamin D levels in pregnant women. She makes a very interesting case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEsonu2kFjY

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2017, 04:27 

Anonynomenon wrote:
Towards the end of the video, Dr. Patrick talks about the possibility that many forms of autism could be a result of low vitamin D levels in pregnant women.

Woah woah woah, everyone knows that Autism is developed later on in childhood when they receive vaccines; Trump has even proven this! And Trump goes to McDonald's too, so we know that God provided us with McDonald's to provide us with everything we need to fulfill His plans; that's why we're in the McChurch Age. Paul even predicted God's plan for McDonald's to feed His church when Timothy asked for nutrition advice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4QNXnNftWk

On a more serious note I ate nothing but pastries, a whole cake and pizza this week. And some super delicious jalapeno poppers. Heh.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2017, 08:52 

A resuscitated theory suggests that some cancers can be starved of sugar with a ketogenic diet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKsoKtkvChA

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2017, 02:15 

Insulin resistance. It is the gateway to so many cancers, metabolic disorders, and auto-immune diseases. That alone probably makes up a good 70% of the over encumbered medical system. So many disorders that can be so easily reversed, but the data has been obscured for so long. In my opinion, it's a symptom of complacency, in a nation that takes prosperity for granted.

Learn and apply the basics of how hormones mediate the metabolic systems within the human body, and you just might be able to avoid (and possibly even reverse) unnecessary, self induced health problems. I know from personal experience.

Genetic make-up always plays a role in health and disease, but the biggest factor is what you put into your body, and when you do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPL2RYilUms