FrankForum (Frankness IS Forum)

No ads, no mods, Frankly Anonymous (you can join w/fake name/email, are not tracked)!
It is currently 22 Jul 2019, 10:33

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Not moderated, so you are on your own. Spambots and stalkers and anti-semites will be deleted and banned without notice. Else, try to be thoughtful, protect your own privacy, don't swear much (makes one appear infantile), but I won't censor. POLICE YOURSELF.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2015, 00:54 

In my eyes, Trident Layers is the best gum because:
1. It's flavor lasts as long or longer than other gums. Not that that's very long.
2. It stays soft, even after hours of chewing. One of the few gums that does this! And unlike others it doesn't dissolve.
3. It has good flavors.
4. Lots of pieces per-pack.

However it's too expensive, so I never buy it. I buy Juicy Fruit original, instead. Juicy Fruit original tastes fine (not great), has lots of pieces per-pack, and it goes on sale a lot. It does get stiff when chewed for a long time, but most gums do. Juicy Fruit Deserts (in particular Strawberry Shortcake) are the best tasting gums, but like Trident Layers, too expensive. It also has a habbit of dissolving, which I hate.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2015, 03:49 

Does aspartame taste sweet to you? I can't stand the flavour of it since it doesn't taste like sugar (to me). The best I could describe it would be "bitter iron"-- similar to sodium hexametaphosphate which I dislike even more (dole sparklers have it).

At least sodium benzoate doesn't taste like anything (to me), they should use it instead: afaik it only becomes carcinogenic when exposed to light. Which is an interesting property if that is correct, I never verified it.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2015, 05:04 

It's hard to find gum that doesn't use aspartame unless you buy from special stores, which for me would mean buying online from random places :(. Gum tastes sweet to me (even if it uses aspartame), but when aspartame is used in other things like drinks, it tastes gross. I prefer sugar.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2015, 13:09 

You can make your own gum, you'll just have to find a source to get cheap bulk chicle:
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to- ... ewing-Gum/

(Chicle is not latex as the article claims)