FrankForum (Frankness IS Forum)

No ads, no mods, Frankly Anonymous (you can join w/fake name/email, are not tracked)!
It is currently 15 Nov 2018, 19:50

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Not moderated, so you are on your own. Spambots and stalkers and anti-semites will be deleted and banned without notice. Else, try to be thoughtful, protect your own privacy, don't swear much (makes one appear infantile), but I won't censor. POLICE YOURSELF.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2015, 21:42 
Site Admin

Someone from Africa and from Russia, spamming Admin Stuff. The posts are crazy sets of gibberish having no bearing on the topic, like a bunch of collected tags. I deactivated the fake users and the fake email and IPs right away. If you see anyone else do this, let me know? I will not make our use of this forum harder due to the dingdongs. Just delete them.

So now the forum has been baptised, lol. :roll:

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2015, 03:27 

Hehe... Lol, dingdongs.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2015, 01:48 
Site Admin

EDIT, 8/14: now it's up to 14 spambots. They all take snippets from unrelated articles on the web which have links in them, and then post them only one at a time in the Admin Forum (which is now on moderate, to catch those posts): the subforums Problems and Suggestions are unmoderated, but the spambots never go farther than the Admin forum. They don't yet know about SpamCatcher, because it was only added yesterday.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2015, 01:10 

Wow! That was quick! :roll:

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2015, 03:05 
Site Admin

Yeah, well it's something like 20 of them, now. Takes only 30 seconds to get rid of them. Worth it, so everyone can truly keep privacy, even to the extent of using a fake email address.