FrankForum (Frankness IS Forum)

No ads, no mods, Frankly Anonymous (you can join w/fake name/email, are not tracked)!
It is currently 16 Jul 2019, 04:06

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Same rules as in other guest/member forums.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2016, 14:03 

iPhone 7 Plus claimed to have exploded, too
http://www.zdnet.com/article/iphone-7-c ... loded-too/

Unsubstantiated reporting. Yet another example of ZDNet Anti Apple rhetoric.

Report this post

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2016, 23:23 

Yeah--no evidence of it being true.
Where are the photos with identification to prove all of the components are genuine? It's just a reflex post to generate views. In a way, similar to what BuzzFeed does by mandating their employees to deliberately create content that contains clickbait.

If you recall the big craze about the iPhone 6 "bend", I've been using my iPhone 6 in my pocket for a good while now, and it hasn't bent in the claimed areas at all. In order to get the same bend that you see on all of those videos, the amount of force required will bend ANY phone.

My iPhone 6 did develop a tiny bit of play on the extreme right corner, but this is after years of being in use without any sort of protective case and being dropped off tables many times over. Unrelated but the iPhone 6 has fantastic tactile microswitches for the side buttons, yet I haven't really heard anyone bring that up...

There are some legitimate complaints that can be made against Apple (or any major company, really), but ZDnet's fixation on attacking without substance just adds pollution when you're trying to find useful information.

Report this post