|FrankForum (Frankness IS Forum)
|A Prime example of why older modular Mac designs are superior...
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||5735guy [ 23 Apr 2017, 14:54 ]|
|Post subject:||A Prime example of why older modular Mac designs are superior...|
In this case a mid 2011 21.5" iMac with a failed Superdrive.
Repair in easy steps
1) Use suction cups to lift the front glass free of the display.
2) Undo screws holding the display in place.
3) Lift the display slightly and detach three cables.
4) Lift the display out.
5) Detach Optical Drive sensor cable.
6) Undo four screws holding the the Superdrive bracket in place and lift slightly.
7) Detach SATA cable.
8) Lift bracket free.
9) Swap out faulty Superdrive with a replacement working unit.
Reassemble in reverse order. So Easy.
No such quick repair possible with a modern Mac.
|Author:||hupostasis [ 25 Apr 2017, 13:23 ]|
|Post subject:||Re: A Prime example of why older modular Mac designs are superior...|
Even with modern Dells, HPs and Lenovos they're fairly difficult to take apart. I think OEMs want less user serviceability so that the purchase cycles are more frequent. If someone can't fix their own computer, well, they have no choice but to buy a new one.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited