ENTERPRISE not allowed to refuse Win10 Updates!

Guests and Members can post here, but only members can edit their posts. Debate Windows 10 here. For it, against it, you know the arguments. Hint: the more you reason out your posts, the more you pay attention to grammar and syntax and spelling, the more your thoughts will get heard. If you need help with problems, go instead to bleepingcomputer.com . They are really great folk.
Forum rules
Guests and members can post here. Only members can EDIT their posts.

Extra Smileys: http://forums.mydigitallife.info/misc.p ... _Editor_QR

Not moderated, so you are on your own. Spambots, stalkers and anti-semites will be banned without notice. Else, POLICE YOURSELF.
brainout
Site Admin

ENTERPRISE not allowed to refuse Win10 Updates!

16 Nov 2015, 13:15

This just in, click here: in its disgusting 'benevolence', MicroSS has decided that even Enterprise will not be allowed to say no to the Windows 10 updates, and even then can only DELAY them for up to four WEEKS, in one week increments.

But now an updated version published today, 11/17/15, seems to backtrack, click here.

Hitlerian? You bet. This is the end of MSFT. Now they have officially kicked their main source of income in the teeth. If Nadella still is CEO at this time next year, I'll be surprised. CAN ALL THE TOP BRASS NOW. :guilotine: :linuxlove:

It's as if they are conspiring to wreck the company. DUMP MICROSOFT STOCK WHILE YOU STILL CAN. All the top brass have most of their wealth in that stock, and it's gonna drop a lot. So then they will have to sell, and then it will drop a LOT more.

hupostasis

Re: ENTERPRISE not allowed to refuse Win10 Updates!

16 Nov 2015, 17:03

Actually, it's saying that WUB (Windows Update for Businesses) can only defer updates-- so WUB operates on all client PCs. This only affects enterprise *IF* WUB is deployed, but it does not mean Enterprise cannot refuse updates (it can refuse updates and it has to be able to due to the fact servers *cannot* be in a situation with a mandatory restart).

This is explained later on in the article:
The same delays are unavailable to consumers running Windows 10 Home, or to individuals running Wnidows 10 Pro, which does not offer a way to defer updates from the Settings section of the OS...

So while Pro and Home cannot bypass updates in their natural state-- Enterprise can (but if you're running Enterprise on a PC under WUB, it won't be able to if the Sys Admin says you need your automatic updates).

brainout
Site Admin

16 Nov 2015, 17:08

Yeah, but notice the other stuff in the article, which is addressed in this thread,

Seems that yeah you can control the update selection only if you're on Service Configuration Manager, which is neither WUB nor WSUS. But I don't know what SCM is.

hupostasis

16 Nov 2015, 17:36

brainout wrote:Yeah, but notice the other stuff in the article, which is addressed in this thread,

Seems that yeah you can control the update selection only if you're on Service Configuration Manager, which is neither WUB nor WSUS. But I don't know what SCM is.

Then I have no answer for you-- guess you'll have to run Server 2016 to get around the problem:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Server_2016

(I'm certain forced updates won't be permitted in Server 2016)

brainout
Site Admin

16 Nov 2015, 18:11

Okay, thanks. I have no idea what all that stuff is. But others will need it. Thank you again!