Microsoft wants every Windows user on 10

Guests and Members can post here, but only members can edit their posts. Debate Windows 10 here. For it, against it, you know the arguments. Hint: the more you reason out your posts, the more you pay attention to grammar and syntax and spelling, the more your thoughts will get heard. If you need help with problems, go instead to bleepingcomputer.com . They are really great folk.
Forum rules
Guests and members can post here. Only members can EDIT their posts.

Extra Smileys: http://forums.mydigitallife.info/misc.p ... _Editor_QR

Not moderated, so you are on your own. Spambots, stalkers and anti-semites will be banned without notice. Else, POLICE YOURSELF.
hupostasis

Microsoft wants every Windows user on 10

18 Dec 2015, 05:08

I couldn't find this portion of the Windows 10 insiders email anywhere, so I thought I'd post some of the email here.
Here in the Windows group, we've been working hard over the past couple months on getting people upgraded to Windows 10. With the release of Windows 10 in July and the update in November, we’re really happy about how it is coming together and the upgrade rate we’ve been seeing. We'd love to see every Windows user out there enjoying Windows 10. Since we released I've been getting tweets and emails from Windows Insiders who have been helping friends and family complete their upgrades.

Notice Gabe Aul's emphasis on 'we'. Some users don't want Windows 10, yet the emphasis is always *we* (Microsoft) want every Windows user on it.

I guess it isn't a surprise from a corporate perspective. I just wish Windows 10 wasn't 'stupid'. Also it looks like enterprise versions of Windows are excluded from the upgrade; guess I better pop on win 8.1 enterprise.

brainout
Site Admin

Re: Microsoft wants every Windows user on 10

18 Dec 2015, 05:17

Yeah, I just finished deleting that from my email, reported it as spam so I never hear from that liar again. I can't figure out how to upload attachments which are email, so I pasted the full text, below:

Bilious Chief Liar Gabe Aul wrote:Spreading holiday cheer - family upgrade stories

Gabe Aul <gabe.aul@e-mail.microsoft.com>

5:27 PM (5 hours ago)

Share your stories about helping friends and family upgrade to Windows 10.
Windows Windows Insider Program
Windows Insider Program | Before you install | How-to | Windows Feedback app | Forums
Hi everyone,
Season's Greetings to you. Here in the Windows group, we've been working hard over the past couple months on getting people upgraded to Windows 10. With the release of Windows 10 in July and the update in November, we’re really happy about how it is coming together and the upgrade rate we’ve been seeing. We'd love to see every Windows user out there enjoying Windows 10. Since we released I've been getting tweets and emails from Windows Insiders who have been helping friends and family complete their upgrades.

One of my favorite stories came from Insider Joris Brauns in Antwerp. Joris knew his dad wanted to upgrade, but his dad felt more comfortable getting a little help. So when Joris was back at his parent’s house this past weekend, he upgraded his dad from Windows 7. "The most funny part was the moment when I was done installing Windows 10," Joris told us. "Our dog jumped on the table to take a peek!" And then he sent us the pix to prove it.
Joris, dad, and dog
Hey, Joris. Your dad – and your dog – do look happy. Thanks for telling us and for letting me share your upgrade story with our Insider community!
So, as many of you travel home for the holidays, you may end up helping friends and family complete their upgrades. When you do, we’d love to hear about it. Tell us your story – you can tweet to #Windows10 – and we might even compile a big picture collage with some of our favorite photos and stories.
I love these stories – not just because this is the season for sharing, but because it's great to see our Insiders wanting to share their Windows 10 excitement with friends and family ... and dogs.
Thanks again for being part of this awesome Insider community. Have a great holiday and a Happy New Year!
Thanks!
g
PS As you know, upgrading to Windows 10 is easy. Just visit our Windows 10 site here on the machine you’re helping to upgrade. (The site also has a handy How-To section.)*
*Windows 10 Upgrade Offer is valid for qualified and genuine Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 devices, including devices you already own. Some hardware/software requirements apply and feature availability may vary by device and market. The availability of Windows 10 upgrade for Windows Phone 8.1 devices may vary by OEM, mobile operator or carrier. Devices must be connected to the internet and have Windows Update enabled. Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 Update required. Some editions are excluded: Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise, and Windows RT/RT 8.1. Active Software Assurance customers in volume licensing have the benefit to upgrade to Windows 10 enterprise offerings outside of this offer. To check for compatibility and other important installation information, visit your device manufacturer’s website and the Windows 10 Specifications page http://www.windows.com/windows10specs. Windows 10 is automatically updated. Additional requirements will apply over time for updates. See Windows 10 Upgrade page for details - http://www.windows.com/windows10upgrade.
You are receiving this email because you signed up to participate in the Windows Insider Program.
This email is sent from an unmonitored address. Please do not reply. Please use links inline above to get additional information or help.
Microsoft respects your privacy. To learn more, please read our online Privacy Statement.
This is a mandatory service communication. If you wish to stop receiving emails about the Windows Insider Program, you will need to leave the program.
To set your contact preferences for other Microsoft communications, click here.
Microsoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052 USA Microsoft
Microsoft

I don't know what's more dishonest: this email that liar wrote, or his blatant disregard of all the many problems MILLIONS OF PEOPLE ARE HAVING WITH DISGUSTING WINDOWS 10, AND ALL THE MILLIONS OF BORKED MACHINES WHICH ARE WINDOWS 7 AND 8 DUE TO BILIOUS MICRODAFT FORCING THE DOWNLOADS ON MACHINES WHICH DIDN'T REQUEST THEM.

The closest thing to Anti-Christ, is this guy and his company. NEVER will buy anything they sell.