Yeah, considering Dem votes are 2:1 GOP, she'll have an electoral college landslide, winning nearly every state with as low as 35% of the vote, since Libertarian will get about half from #FeelTheBern folk and about half or more from #GOP who are #NeverTrump . In other words, they would
win, but there are too many Dems and not enough #GOP who leave
#GOP to go Libertarian.
And that, ONLY because electoral college is winner-take-all
. Something SERIOUSLY WRONG with a winner-take-all rule for the electoral college. Exactly what the Framers wanted to prevent, a minority candidate winning or a demagogue winning. They didn't take into account, fractured parties.
So next four years:
*immigration increases and illegal immigration in particular, as employers seek a way around the new $12 min wage required for Amer. citizens.
*more outsourcing of jobs, more robotization, as to pay the $12 min requires a higher skill set and fewer workers if more automated.
* pension and welfare limits will increase a lot to try and ease the retirement burden the gov't knows it cannot pay (I should be happy about that, but am not, I make more money this way).
* income taxes will increase a lot, esp. on middle class but won't necessarily seem that way, as most will be PRICE pass-throughs from companies whose taxes are raised,
* more tax loopholes will be passed to modify behavior (the role of tax policy from the getgo), increase jobs;
*Estate and gift tax rules will be redone in a bad way, so die before Jan 20.
* Credit will dry up.
* Recession will resume and get worse.
* ISIS and other military dealings will increase, which as with FDR, seems to make the economy stimulate;
*infrastructure programs will increase, same reason;
*Deficits and debt will burgeon, given what we've already committed to,
*and of course SS will go bankrupt in 2019 and we won't know (see 2019 crossover chart at bottom of https://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/ssb/v75n1/v75n1p1.html
Good news? Tea Party is done for. GOP is dead. It will have a 20-30% share of the electorate, max. Libertarian will take the excess, but since both end up minority parties, the Dems stay in power for the forseeable future. All thanks to the vile #prolife rs
40 years ends 2041 (syll 2006 or so
in amen legw humin
). If I say that the prolife thingy started 1971, that would be 30 years to 2001, then 40, equals a sub 70, but I'm not sure the right starting point is 1971. I remember the Colonel excoriating those folks earlier.